Courtesy of Sarah Hartwick (@doctors.and.dumbells)
Read her career profile here (coming Thursday!)
and how she stays healthy and fit here (coming Tuesday!)!
- 1/2 zucchini
- 1/2 yellow squash
- 1 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 mushrooms, sliced
- 20 cooked and peeled shrimp
- 6 grape tomatoes
- 3 basil leaves
- Garlic powder, Salt
- First, you will need a vegetable spiralizer. Take half a zucchini and half of a yellow squash and run them through the spiralizer. Voila! This is your “pasta”.
- Next, in a pan, heat half a tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Mince the clove of garlic and add to the olive oil. Let simmer for a minute or two. Then add the shrimp, sprinkle on some salt and garlic powder, and let these brown in the olive oil and garlic.
- In another pan, heat half a tablespoon of olive oil and cook your mushrooms. I always add a little garlic powder to the mushrooms as well.
- Once those are cooked through, add your “pasta”. This only needs to cook for about two minutes or it gets very mushy.
- Now, take your mushrooms and pasta and add it to your shrimp.
- Cut up 6 grape tomatoes and add the halves to the pasta mix.
- Stir it all together, let it warm for about a minute, and you’re DONE!
- I like to add fresh basil and a squeeze of lemon for extra flavor. Delicious meal in 20 minutes or less.
Macros 412 cals. 40p, 9c, 17f.