In "Elyse this week," I share a few updates about my life and some of my favorite articles around the web . Topics include current events, beauty, and nutrition.
What do you want to see more of ??
You can let me know in the comments section below or via the contact page.
Ask and you shall receive! :)
Brief life update:
Hey guys! Hope you've had a lovely week. I've listed my favorite links from around the web this week, but I'll give you a quick life update first (feel free to skip) --
- Alex and I celebrated his birthday here in Birmingham since I'm working every single day this month. I get off work Saturday at 10 am and have to be back Sunday at 8 pm. We got dinner at Bottega Cafe, which was the perfect young, sophisticated atmosphere, and brunch at Trattoria Centrale. It was nice to explore Birmingham a little, and so much cheaper compared to eating out in Atlanta. There are a list of restaurants that I want to try out before leaving, but I'm always out of town on the weekends! I didn't get any pictures for social media because I like to give Alex my undivided attention when we're together. I did send a few snaps though (snapchat: e_lovesyou). I'll be sharing more of tips for maintaining long-distance romance in the coming months.
- I'm trying to snap a little more. I like instagram because I'm interested in photography, but I work so much that I don't have much "instagram worthy" material. I'm cool showing you my messy room, dressing room try-ons, and winter beauty routine on snapchat though. (snapchat: e_lovesyou)
- I've been stocking up on winter gear for New York. Madewell is hands down my favorite store and sale items are currently an additional 30% off. One of the many things I love about Madewell is that their sale never feels picked over. I purchased these sweaters in four colors and this parka. Now, I want this sale to end so that I can stop spending money! I also picked up a few sweaters for Alex from Banana Republic - they were too cheap to pass on!
Hey guys! I've been trying to think of ways for you to get to know me better (and hopefully vice versa). I thought sharing a few of my favorite things around the internet would be a great way to start. I was inspired to start this series by a fellow blogger - Franish's top 3 series. I'm going to try to make this a weekly post, but maybe bimonthly. The content will vary on whatever fascinated me the previous week. Sometimes it will be medicine heavy, sometimes beauty heavy, sometimes all Atlantic articles on race & politics. Share your favorites we me too! Let's chat!
Brief life update:
- I'm currently on night shift, which means I admit general medicine patients to the hospital at night and help take care of the day team's patients while they get their much deserved rest after a hard day's work. The transition to nights hasn't been as hard as I expected because I'm completely caffeine dependent. The time I'm awake is dictated more by the # of cups of coffee I've had than circadian rhythm.
- My New Years resolution is to create more - more blog content, more laughter, more art, VIDEOS, more healthy meals in my own kitchen, etc.
- I'm met my boyfriend's parents! They are exactly the type of people who would raise such an amazing human being.